I confess, I have a new obsession: solid perfume. A friend of mine recently took a trip to Paris and returned with the most delicious solid perfume I take with me everywhere. Almost like lip balm in a pretty compact, it hasn’t left my purse since she gave it to me. The scent is softer and lasts longer than my usual scented fragrance sprays. Our top five picks are all $30 and under–you can travel with them without a problem–they won’t get confiscated by security, or spill in your bag.
1. Tocca Beauty Stella Solid Perfume ($30) comes in a pretty compact-style package. Sandalwood mixes with notes of citrus and flowers like freesia in this solid perfume.
2. Pacifica Lotus Garden Solid Perfume ($9) An all-natural product, this perfume blends citrus and herbs for an intoxicating and relaxing scent.
3. DKNY’s Be Delicious solid perfume ($30) is fresh and crisp with green apple notes–and this solid perfume fits right on your keychain, so you always have it with you.
4. Sonia Kashuk Solid Perfume Palette ($17.48) Personalize your own scent by mixing these three solid perfumes, including a mild, white gardenia.
5. Clinique Happy-To-Go Fragrance Pencils ($30) are a different twist on solid perfume–and they’ll fit right in your makeup bag. The classic scents can be mixed–try Clinique Happy blended with with A Hint of Citrus or A Wealth of Flowers for a personal scent, or wear them alone.
Scents are personal–but everyone needs to change things up sometimes. Get more ideas for spring in our guide to fragrances for all seasons, the very best mascara, and see what beauty essentials for the plane in our guide to travel beauty.