The start of a new year is always a nice opportunity to reset and refresh. Lots of people focus on their diet and exercise regimen, but why stop there? Breathing new life into your beauty routine and trying new makeup trends and skincare products can help you feel really good, too.
Need some inspo? Celebrity makeup artist Angela Calisti, who has worked with top celebrities including Sophia Richie, Bella Thorne, Olivia Culpo, Francia Raisa, and Olivia Palermo, is here to share her five must-try beauty trends for 2020 below.
– High impact lashes. Bold lashes are a hot trend with lash extensions on the rise. However, I recommend opting for a more natural look that won’t destroy your lashes but still give major oomph. I like Younique’s Moodstruck Epic 4d One Step Mascara because it provides lush lashes with a formula containing Y shaped fibers and a special two-sided brush to interlock fibers on lashes for enhanced volume, length and lift in one swipe of the wand. People will think you’re wearing falsies!
– Cream and white eyeliner. These are a hit, especially when applied under eye it enhances the eye making it pop. I like to recommend Jouer Slim Crème Eyeliner in Matte Nude to easily replicate this look at home.
– Red lipstick. This trend will never go out of style and is definitely here to stay in 2020. My go to shade is Bobbi Brown Retro Red. As an extra plus, it does not budge!
– Dewy skin. Skin that glows is in, and this now extends to the lips. High-impact glossy lips are making a comeback. Try a gloss on your lips so they shine like your skin.
– Eyes, eyes, eyes. Making a bold statement with your eyes is going to be a huge trend for 2020. Don’t be scared of trying bright neon eyeshadows to the eyelids as it will be a huge hit this year.
SheFinds receives commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.