When we first spotted NARS Exhibit A blush ($29) at Sephora, we couldn’t help but wonder if it was marketed toward clowns. The cherry red blush seemed really intimating, especially to wear on your cheeks. It turns out that they bold shade is surprisingly wearable (we promise). Follow these steps to get the fresh-looking cheeks using bright red blush:
- Use a large, fluffy brush to apply.
- Lightly sweep the brush through the blush and tap off any excess.
- Gently dusty the blush onto the apples of your cheeks.
- Apply a powder highlighter on your cheek bones to complement the blush.
- Using the fluffy brush, blend the blush and the highlighter together.
- Pat a little bit of moisturizer on your cheeks for a dewy finish.
- Be sure to keep your eyes neutral and your lips soft (wearing red blush with emerald eyeshadow would be disastrous).
If you’re bored with spring’s pinks and corals, give red blush a try. Plus, a little goes a long way so it’s well worth your money. Click through the slideshow to see our roundup of all the best red blushes.