Top Five: Cheap Summer Necklaces
April 29, 2009
Something about wearing a huge, sparkly precious-stone necklace doesn’t quite seem right for summer (or, as the case may be if you live in Manhattan, 88-degree spring). These five are fun, colorful, and under $40 – perfect for sprucing up a flirty sample sale find.
1. Buy a couple of these disc necklaces ($8 to $14.50) in different colors to layer or wear alone.
2. One redeeming piece in the Erickson Beamon for Target collection: this slightly kitchy necklace ($39.99) – I imagine it’s something like what the country-club set wore in the’70s.
3. A sweet, sunny wooden bead necklace ($28) would work nicely with a solid shift.
4. This turquoise necklace ($19.50) could lend a little beachiness to a cardigan and shell.
5. This beaded necklace ($38) – in cotton-candy pink glass and quartz – feels light enough to go with summer dresses.