We all know the motorcycle jacket is the hot commodity for Spring. It adds insta-attitude to that demure little party dress, and makes anybody who wears one feel just a little bit cooler than her non leather-clad friends. But for a new twist on the biker staple, as brought up in this weekend's NY Times, designers are re-creating the jacket in softer colors and more modern forms. Here's a list of our 5 favorite nouveau bikers that will refresh your wardrobe this season.
1. As mentioned in the Times, the Gap's European Collection offers some fashion-forward pieces that are très chic for Spring. We love this Cropped Leather Jacket in cream ($358).
2. The ultimate masters of downtown biker-chic, Mike & Chris offer their usual ultra-stylish Cropped Jacket in a versatile taupey grey (was $902, now $450).
3. This United Bamboo Jacket (was $770, now $308) comes in a funky rust brown, and is accented with a unique belt detail at the waist.
4. The ruched shoulders and mini chest pockets on this Mulberry Jacket (was $1595, now $797.50) make it a fun alternative to the original biker.
5. It may be a bit of a splurge, but the buttery hue and gorgeous collar on this jacket ($3270) put the Fendi creation in a league of its own.