Do these symptoms sound familiar? You dream about dress fittings and cake tastings almost nightly. You have trouble sleeping…because you can’t stop thinking about high-low hems. You’ve let other, non-wedding interests and responsibilities fall by the wayside. Your coworkers get a desperate look on their faces when they see you approaching their desks with a wedding mag in hand.
If you’re experience one or all of the symptoms above, you are suffering from a mercifully temporary condition known as “Bride Brain.” Sorry, there is no cure, just tell-tale signs of the illness. Like:
1. You no longer work at work. Though you’re actually doing a ton of filing…on Pinterest.
2. You’ve polled ALL your coworkers on their thoughts re: White Vs. Ivory. So far, the “Ivorys” have it. (Side note: no one actually cares.)
3. Your wedding planner is now #1 on speed dial. She’s also your new best friend. (She’s totally billing you for all those martini bar chat-fests, btw)
4. You don’t even flinch at 4 and even 5 figure price tags any more. Turns out there are no clearance sales in the world of wedding catering. Bummer.
5. You kinda sorta forgot that the point of having a wedding isn’t getting your wedding pics on a popular wedding blog. (OOPS!) Oh right! It’s a loving, life-time commitment to another human being…who’s super blog-worthy.
6. You can now identify all popular wedding flowers by name. Scabiosa pods, anyone?!
7. Lately, your nightmares involve broken mason jars, missing grooms, and photobooth fires. Not to mention the food truck that gets lost and never shows up.
8. The pumps vs. heels debate rages on endlessly (in your mind). It’s pumps for the win! No wait…HEELS!
9. Guests find your “wedding collage wall” slightly unnerving. On a related note, you feel like you’re getting dirty looks from that battered pile of wedding mags in the corner of your room.
10. Somehow you’re able to make small talk with baristas, your creditors, waitresses, and even homeless men about your wedding. Sorry, brother. I can’t spare a dime – I have five more payments to make on my dream dress. (Harsh, we know!)
Wanna keep feeding the beast? Check out our shopping guides to the best unique wedding invitations, simple wedding dresses, and designer wedding shoes!